Sunday, August 28, 2016

Robot Short Story - Fiction for Kids

Very nice short story (fiction)... 'Fiction by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver | Illustrations by Scott Garrett'

hank

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted a pet robot.


“Robot,” I’d say. “Can you brush my teeth for me?”


“Robot,” I’d say. “I lost my sock. Please find it.”


And he would. At least, in my imagination.


So you can imagine what I did when our principal, Mr. Love, came into our classroom to announce that my school was having a “Build Your Own Robot” contest the next day. To be truthful, he had announced it the week before, and the week before that too. Stuff like that always slips my mind, and I mean always. This time, the announcement sunk into my ears and stayed there. I stuck my hand up in the air, waved it around like a flag on the Fourth of July and said, “I’m in! Please pick me!!!”


He did. The problem was that I had only one day to build a robot and had no idea how to do it. I mean, no idea.


Luckily, I have two good friends, named Frankie Townsend and Ashley Wong, who are full of ideas. Unlike me, they are really good students and they know how to get things done on time. I specialize in getting nothing done, and getting that done late.

Read the full story at its source:  http://headsup.boyslife.org/win-copy-heres-hank-soggy-foggy-campout/

No comments:

Post a Comment