Monday, March 2, 2015

NAO Robot as Assistant Teacher? Why NOT???

The developers and purveyors of these robots keep insisting that the purpose of robots in our schools is to 'teach about robots, themselves', that they are a way to have students learn about technology, but I wonder.......





Hey, he's got more energy (so long as you keep him charged, I suppose), and more patience than I had during my 18 years in the Middle School Classroom. No, he could never replace me, but he certainly could be a much, much, much appreciated extra pair of eyes, hands, ears, and a responsive voice that would free me up to do more of what I'm better at than  he: rising to the challenge of teachable  moments that get at higher order thinking-based exchanges between teachers and students.



No comments:

Post a Comment